Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Subject Of Improving

I'm getting better with each passing day at my yoga practice. I took some time off to reflect on the benefits my mind and body have gained. I would say they have both learned to soar beyond their boundaries equally well. When my spirits are down, and I feel alone, I turn inside myself to the place where my true strength resides. It's becoming easier and easier to do that even as the road seems to become harder and harder. I've found that one of the best ways to deal with trials in life is to just let them go. Deal with their experience, glean what you can from it and then move on.Today was particularly hard for me. It's the anniversary of my brother's death 4 years ago. I will say that I've found that even on the days where the road is the rockiest, looking back on his brief life gives me sadness as well as joy for the time that I was able to enjoy him in this world. So this day is dedicated to all the happiness that he brought into my existence. Rest in peace big brother.

Photo Credits: Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment