Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Stretching My Perception


Stretching My Perception

Today's yoga practice was all about stretching not only the capacities of the body but of the mind. Living in a moment of fearlessness and acceptance and in that space, making the room to grow by leaps and bounds! I could really feel the expansiveness inside my body in a way that went deeper than the increased ease and grace with which I could feel myself moving today. I've grown not just in flexibility, but in  the way that I approach my practice. I do a lot more just letting the movement happen and grow out of my intentions and spirit than I do trying to achieve a certain pose or state of mind. My meditation practice has deepened as well -- not only from the yoga but from my new-found practice of journaling.



Franklin D. Roosevelt said that "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Apparently this what the card I pulled from Toni Carmine Salerno's "Crystal Oracle" deck is saying. The card that choose me today is "Labradorite". Labradorite is a crystal of psychic power, divination and spiritual protection. It is telling me that I will so lose the mantle of fear that has dominated so much of my first chakra. I was raised in a cult religion that was dominated by fear on so many levels. It's taken me years to drop away that mantle, but I finally am. I'm living life on my own terms and nobody else's' with love, strength and courage. It's a beautiful feeling!



"Broken Wings" By Mister, Mister

No comments:

Post a Comment