Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Monday, March 7, 2011

3 More Weeks Of Yoga Challenge And Beyond...

My key word today is consistency. I've made it through an entire week of bends,twists, and adjustments to my body and posture. These last 7 days have been very eventful. They have changed the way I look at my personal goals, my body, my physical and mental health and my spirituality. My days are now less stressful, more focused, and by body feels at ease and beautiful within itself. I can't imagine how I ever let my yoga practice go astray. Even when I was practicing regularly before, my sessions were only 3-4 times a week, an adjunct to my "real" exercises such as the treadmill or the elliptical. Now I'm practicing about 1 hour of yoga per day, and I'm going to use my cardio as a 30 minute addition. I think I'm going to rediscover Billy Blanks. I've used his Focus Series - Abs & Glutes because even thought it's a VHS, it's arguably one of the best workouts I've ever done that targets the common problem areas of waist to hips. Tae Bo is always a tried, true and effective cardio routine that gives me endurance and burns a lot of calories. I will combine traditional training with yoga for even more results. I know that even after this month is over, I will continue my daily 60 minutes of mat time. I honestly don't remember how I used to get by without it. 20 minutes of chakra meditation each day goes a long way toward balancing out my body's systems and will only increase my mental and spiritual awareness. I couldn't be more pleased with the path I've chosen. My soul is smiling right now. The path ahead only becomes clearer and clearer with each passing sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment