Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Favorite Poses For Letting Go

Live in his song Operation Spirit (The Tyranny Of Tradition) talks about an amazing thing. He talks about how we can be chained to traditions and things that don't mean anything in the here and now. He says he "let it go." The same can be said for negative emotions that hold us back from growing inside and outside. With EFT I've had a chance to let go a lot of things that I no longer have use for -- old held atrophied emotions that didn't serve me well and were only suppressing any true change for the better. With yoga I'm also addressing some of my favorite poses that help me to release from deep in that place of acceptance and resolution. These poses help me give up everything that doesn't help me to come out on the other side of my reality with more strength and resolve to continue my journey. So without further ado, here are my personal favorite yoga poses to expand into, not in any particular order. Utthita Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose). I love this pose because you can really breath into it, and it's also great for anxiety, fatigue, headache, stress, neck pain and a variety of other ailments. There's the yummy hamstring stretch of Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Forward Bend). Thinking about this asana makes me want to get into it again and just relax forward.This pose is wonderful for improving digestion and for lowering high blood pressure. Balasana (Child's Pose) is a pose I love to use in between the exertion of a challenging yoga vinyasa. It helps me to come back to myself and heralds an intense feeling of calm. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose) is an asana that soothes digestive ills and opens the chakras of the root, sacral and solar plexas. This amazing asana can begin to awaken your kundalini if practiced regularly. The Lying Spinal Twist (Jathara Parivrittasana) gently stimulates you digestive tract and just plain feels so good as you unravel the stress in your whole back and hip joints. If you're a beginner feel free to fully bend your knees in this pose. And lastly but not least I love, love, love, Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle Pose). In this asana you can really just allow yourself to be. It's a wonderful pose stretch the inner thighs and relax tight pelvic muscles. Try these poses out at the end of a tiring day and you'll be rejuvenated and prepared to rest for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment