Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Reflections On My Cleanse

Strangely I almost miss the days I was on the Master Cleanse. I loved the simplicity, the ease, the certainty of knowing that everything I was doing was for the benefit of my body and mind. There was a sense of lucidness that you can only get when you're in the pure state of fasting. Today I did mostly orange juice all day, but later in the day I made a light vegetable stew and ate that. I felt good and throughly energized. Instead of during yoga in the day, I did it in the evening as I have been these past few days. My method of choice was more Kundalini with Gurmukh. She's addicting, as you get a great pumping cardio and a heaping spoonful of enlightment via her soul-stirring gong meditation and
exercises in breath control. It was a lovely way to round of the end of my day. It's swiftly become my version of a nightcap. I'm just enough of a yoga-junky to feel that way. But chances are, if you're reading this, then so are you. Signing off to get into a semi-permenant Savasana. Goodnight.

Photo Credits: Meepoohfoto

3 comments:

  1. People want a cure for the health care system,and yoga is an important possible cure.
    The american lifestyle generates an enormous number of sick people,and there is huge cost to repair them.
    yoga will be a routine offering in schools,hospitals,and the military.
    I'm inclined to believe that nurturing ourselves mentally,physically and spiritually is what the practice of yoga is all about.
    yogasanaforhealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on this. I think that all the things that people label "alternative" healing will soon be a given in any traditional health plan.

      Delete
  2. The practice of yoga therefore is much more than a system of physical exercises for health. Yoga is an ancient path to spiritual growth, and originates out of India where Induism is practiced. Yoga is a complete spiritual discipline and way of life..
    Yogasana For Health

    ReplyDelete