Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I Accept!





I Accept!

 I haven't written in the That Healing Girl blog for such a long time. I've decided to recommit myself yet again to this journey towards wholeness.  I guess I never really left that journey. Recently tragedy has struck again, leaving me reeling in the aftermath. I've struggled to reconcile the dichotomy of so many amazing things happening to me amid the dark times. My creativity has blossomed, I have gained more clarity about my role as the wounded healer (more on that later) and I am developing my skills and talents as a singer, communicator, body worker, writer and many of the other hats I find so fascinating to wear. Yet I have experienced the loss of many dear loved ones. Just at the beginning of
August of this year, I lost one of my best friends who was like a sister to me and a month later my cat of over 9 years died.

 There are many times when I have been devastated by my emotions. In those periods of turmoil, I have turned to my yoga practice, crystal healing and meditation as well as Reiki and other energetic therapies and mindfulness practices. I have found them to be invaluable to me and have also turned to the practice of expressing gratitude for all the good that is still flowing through my life despite the trials and tribulations. It has been a hard road in the last few years, especially the last two years because am a Sagittarius who is nearly at the end of Saturn flowing through her sign. Saturn has been a firm taskmaster since the end of 2015 and hasn't let up much since. Now with the some of the lessons of Saturn behind me and possibly a few more to present themselves before the harsher vibrations of Saturn move away completely, it is very important that I take stock of the road ahead. Sagittarius goes in to Mercury Retrograde just as my sign exits Saturn, almost as if there will be more things for me to learn.

 It is the most appropriate thing in the world that I revive this blog with a 30 day yoga challenge. All the more so since it a yoga challenge was the exact seed of inspiration that allowed this blog to come into existence. It is also the vehicle through which I will re-enter this reflective terrain. I started today with the 30-Day Yoga Challenge called Yoga Camp from Yoga With Adriene. I've been following Adriene's yoga journey since 2015 and she has pulled me through so many hard. The videos and sentiments on her channel have helped me to channel my angst, grief, heart-breaks, and traumas. I began Monday
the 13th with the mantra, "I Accept". And I do accept all that life has thrown at me. I endeavor to keep breathing with grace and keep my vibrations elevated. I move through the uncomfortable parts of my life in surrender. "I Accept."

No comments:

Post a Comment