Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Starting A New Challenge


Starting A New Challenge

Today I worked my way through Brett Larkin's 21-day yoga challenge to detox my body for the New Year! It's only the first day in this and I can already see that it's going to be a unique healing experience for me. This weekend was all about restoration and letting go. As I have written in the last few blogs, I was waylaid by a really bad flu this past week that really put me out of commission. I had to rest, recoup and regroup. And now I'm back and ready to get my week started off on a bright note. First it's fast approaching Valentine's Day, which I am so blessed to share with someone special. But even before it was a romantic day for me, I always regarded V-Day as a time to show love to both yourself and others - as well as an occasion to spoil yourself just a little bit. A space where you can celebrate your inner romantic and pursue what makes you passionate about life even if it's not with another person -- when you can take bubble baths, bliss out with yin yoga and deeply loving meditations, make decadent smoothies or sweet treats, and nourish your heart and sacral chakras. I head into that week with a sense that I am going to take care of myself  and my well-being and show others how much I care as well. So let the loving begin this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment