Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Sunday, March 18, 2018

More On Letting Go Of Resistance...


More On Letting Go Of Resistance...

I'm back to allowing for the feelings of resistance that come up within me -- lending themselves to my issues with chronic anxiety (that feeling where I'm like a top that is all wound up with no place to spin out) and with trauma from my childhood and upbringing. Some days are better than others. And it's getting better and better the more I practice yoga and meditation and the more I do one thing -- let go of resistance to what is. Within me there is this need to control the outcome that I was struggling to get rid of. And now instead I'm letting it just be and seeing what comes up, then just seeing if it can release and float away like troubles on a cloud... The more I practice this type of allowing, the more that my worries seem to drift away. A few days I ago I was introduced to a mantra from "Rituals For Transformation" by Dr. Peter and Briana Borten. The mantra goes, "Thank goodness this is all being taken care of." This mantra reminds me that of the importance of letting go and letting God, Goddess, The Universe, Source, Higher Self, or all of the above if you wish, take your burdens and trust that they have your back as you move throughout the daily challenges that you must face in life. Then a deep inner knowing will emerge that no matter what happens, you are safe, you are loved, you are protected, you are worthy, and you are an eternal spirit whose light knows to limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment