Main Photo Credit - Michael Neville

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Deepest Cleanse

Today's Kundalini yoga With Gurmukh and meditation sessions were highly enriching on an emotional level. With each undulation of my spine and swift movement of my arms, I could feel the stuck negative energy breaking free in way that was similar to a catharsis of the soul. I was able to rid myself of a lot of feelings that had been trapped in places that even I wasn't aware of. Occasionally during my Kundalini practice, a movement would get particularly difficult and I knew it wasn't only because of the challenge of the motion itself, but that it was something more intrinsic. I kept breathing through it and random emotions like anger, frustration, sadness, or disappointment would surface in my mind. I wouldn't stop, I'd just keep right on with the exercise and focus on my steady breaths coming in and out from my diaphragm. The results after this practice were phenomenal. I felt clearer, my concentration was through the roof, and it was as if a weight from somewhere deep inside had been lifted. This is what a cleansing of the spirit must feel like. My body and mind are gaining unison, working not as separate entities but as a team cheering for the continual improvement of my health. I'm starting to smile not only on the outside, but also on the inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment